HEI’s Work with STEM
We partner with educational institutions, foundations, and community organizations to apply for, implement and assess programs designed to improve STEM teaching, learning, and employability.
Our team specializes in assisting with grants from the National Science Foundation, the Department of Labor, and departments of education. Through our services, we help realize intended outcomes.
Services we provide:
- Preparation of grant proposals that include appropriate evaluation plans.
- Review of research and development (R&D) strategies. HEI can analyze the relevance of a measurement tool and test its validity.
- Data collection that checks for alignment between proposed activities and those actually engaged. HEI can implement interviews, focus groups, observations, and questionnaires.
- Data analyses and data summary for formative and summative evaluations.
- Strategies for broadening participation—increasing the interest, participation, and persistence of historically disadvantaged populations; supporting equity of opportunity.
- Documentation of grant activities for the purpose of improvement and reporting.
As with all HEI’s work, our posture is to partner with institutions to help them reach their goals. Our collaboration with on-the-ground staff helps us understand how programs are being executed and to what extent desired outcomes are being achieved.